Saturday, June 15, 2013

Willow branch fabric for the pixie Stella fairy











This is not a design or a color I would have normally  chosen for a little girl but there was something about it . Stella's mom loved it and pulled it immediately for   selection .  So I began to think what can we do with this ? Skirt ? Shirt ? Dress?  I like to find fabric and then do the outfit . Others that sew may do it the  other way around . I however enjoy the actual fabric selection . This one was soft and subtle ..Stella likes to dress herself so a cute over the head pinafore with a gathered skirt would work . I mixed it with a satin ruffled chocolate ribbon around the waist . Stella loved it and wore it for her school pictures . Her mom said she got many compliments . A couple of months later I started doing my pillow case dresses ... Hmmmm ... I had some of that willow fabric ... And then , in a  flutter of fairy wings out popped the design on this one ...soooo 2 different  dresses when I was only planning one for this fabric !

No comments:

Post a Comment