Saturday, June 15, 2013

Batik fabric , so beautiful

LOVE this fabric . Pink and purple swirls of color,It is so beautiful to look at it . Perfect for a summer dress . It's not something you would normally find in a child's store . That's why I like to sew . To sew things you wouldn't see normally .  I decided to make this for Stella . Her dad is my best guy friend . He is my male counterpart  . He told me he loves Stella in pink and purple . I mixed the batik with  a solid pink cotton gathered skirt . I actually did this without a pattern . The bodice has a buttonhole in the back that the straps run through . This way I didn't have to worry about getting the straps perfectly right . Mom just pulls it to fit . Rafael loved it and told me the little fairy had a great time twirling round and round !

No comments:

Post a Comment