Monday, July 1, 2013

Heirloom sewing

Ashley Christine a/k/a Briar Windwand
Update to this post ! The Fairy is born , she is beautiful and the dress came out darling !


 
 
My girlfriend Alyson asked me to do a dress for her friends baby shower . I wanted to try something a little advanced . Lace is obviously needed . A Batiste fabric , a special little foot to sew teeny tiny pin tucks . A Twin needle,  a heirloom needle and special satin thread .I spent an hour with a saleswoman who sold me #%!!%^ $8 bucks for one spool of thread ! The saleswoman :  " MY DEAR if you are going to do it you need to do it with quality , It takes many hours to produce such work , you cant buy this thread or this material in Joannes . Its a Martha  Pullen  fabric of choice ."   My thought : God damn it . Who the hell is she !??? ! Ok, I looked her up . She is a big deal in this sewing world . Not sure I'm up for this . It  better turn out gorgeous or I'm going to cry and flood the pixie grotto!

3 comments:

  1. from facebook:

    Alyson M. Innes likes this..

    Alyson M. Innes :It will be gorgeous as it is being made from your heart.

    Tracey Music-Snepp This is awesome! Hey, do make fat girl clothes? lol

    Denise Dimino You are not FAT!!

    Tracey Music-Snepp Okay, what about fluffy girl clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures that you sent me! You do amazing work and are so talented. What a beautiful creation for the newest fairy.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

  3. from facebook"

    Maria Mastromatteo, Tina Lastella Scibelli, Maria L. Cecilli-Crust and 2 others like this..

    Alyson M. Innes Holy cow! That's is absolutely gorgeous!

    Alyson M. Innes Elizabeth Collins Plummer, a little something special for Ashley to grow into.

    Elizabeth Collins Plummer · Friends with Alyson M. Innes
    WOW. It's beautiful!! Thank you so very much!!! Linda Johnson Collins Mothershed and Lua Mellman Lepianka... take a look at this!

    Dana Cattarasa L That is precious D!

    Alyson M. Innes I love you too, honey! She had her little princess fairy about a week ago.

    Keriann Margaret Hamilton I love it. It's so preciously dainty. I have to say I haven't seen one I don't like yet.

    Loretta Stewart Badalamenti I love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete